Monday, September 22, 2014

English for the beginner elementary course (76)



Short orm
1. Rewrite these sentences in the short form.
a) I am tired. I.m tired.           b) we will tell you tomorrow.
c) she has forgotten.                d) They have  finished.
e) She is French.                      f) I can not swim.
g) The door will not close.      h) How is your mother?
2. Underline any parts of these sentences that can be shortened and write the short form.
a) Can you tell me where she is staying?
b) ‘ remember me to take your medicine.’ ‘Yes, I will.’
d) ‘Have you paid?’ ‘No, I have not.’
c)  do you know where  she is?
d) ‘Have you paid?’ ‘No, I have not.’
e) ‘It is not true.’
f) I do not belive they are fresh.
Apostrophes
Add apostrophes where necessary.
a) I’ve got a cat. Her name Billy.
b) Bobs trousers are blue. His socks are white.
c) The teachers sister staff room is very large.
d) The student knocked over the teachers cup.
e) My Ferraris red. Johns Toyota is blue.
Possessive adjectives pronouns as subjects               pronouns as objects
My bike                       I am a student.                                    The teacher helps me.
Your car                      you are happy.                         Peter saws you.
His pen                        he likes ice-cram.                     Sanjay talked to him.
Her bag                       she plays tennis.                      Mary spoke to her.
Its lights                      It started raining.                    Judy ate it.
Our house                    We went for a walk.               The teacher gave us homework.
Their garden                They are married.                    Shally told them yesterday.
Choose the correct word.
1. (She/Her/ was very upset when (she/her) dog died.
2.(They/Their) made the cake for (us/we).
3. (he/him) took (they/them) to school.
4.Can (I/my) have (you/your) homework, please?
This/That/these/ those- Fill in the gap  with the correct word.
1. They sell cards in------ shop over there.
2. ----clothes feel comfortable.
3. ------------lights are flickering.
4.Ouch! ------- cup of coffee is very hot.

Author Box

Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this lightly template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter

  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment