Monday, August 4, 2014

English for the beginner elementary course (19)

Realife
Asking politely
1.Look at the five conversitions in the café. Match the first lines of eatch to the pictures. Then listen and cheak.
1. Execuse me. I’d like the bill, please.
2. Do you want to milk?
3. Excuse me, I’d like three lemonades, please.
4. I’d like one of those, please.
5. Do you want a drink?

A) ----------
that’s a good idea!

B) --------------
Anything else?
No, think yiu.

C) -------------
No, thanks. I’m fine.

D)-----------
The chocolate ones?
Yes, please.

E) ----------------
Of course, sir. Just a minute.

Pronunciation
1 listen to the sentences from exercise 1. Notice how the spakers use intonation to sound polite. Excuse me. I’d the bill, please. Do you want milk?
2.Practice the sentences, copying the intonation.
2. work in pairs. Practice the conversations.
3. Imagine you are in café. Take turn to ask and answer politely, using the ideas below.
Tell the waiter you want: Ask your partner wants:
• An ice cream
• Another drink
• More milk
• A clean spoon
• Sugar
• Another coffee
• A sandwich
• A tissue

Author Box

Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this lightly template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter

  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment