Wednesday, August 27, 2014

English for the beginner elementary course (47)



Stret Life
1. Listen to the three conversations and answer the questions.
Conversation
Who are they talking to?
What do they say they are doing?
Are they telling the truth or not
1



2



3




Listen and complete the sentences.
a) I---- for a bus.
b) I --- an important report for my boss.
c) I ---- home?
Grammar:present continuous.
1. We use the present continuous to talk about actions happening now.
I'm using the computer at the moment. Ali isn't here; he is working.
---
We're staying in Montevideo this week. I am
reading a really interesting book.
positive form
I'm
He/she/it's
you/we/they're
waiting.
Negative form
I'm not
he/she/it isn't
you/we/they aren't
playing
Question
Am I
Is he/she/it
Are you/We/they
working?
Short answers
Yes, I am.
Yes, he/she/it is.
Yes, you/we/they are.
No, I'm not.
No, he/she/it isn't.
No, you/we/ they aren't.
Look at the spelling rules for the-ing form.
Verb
Rule
Examples
Most verbs
add-ing
He's flying to South Africa
Verbs ending with- e
take away the -e
They're living in Beijing.
Verbs ending with consonannt+vowel+consont (one syallables)
double the final consonant(unless ends in w, x, y,)
She's sitting here.
He's chatting to the old lady.
(wax-waxing, buying-buying, chew-chewing.

3. Notice how we use the Present continuous with question words.
What
where
why
who
am I
is she/he
are you/we/ they
doing?
going?
eaiting?
talking to?

Practice
1. Write the -ing forms for the following verbs.
eat get read play sit drive drink ride clean buy

2. Make true sentences for you. Then compare with a partner.
a) I (sit) near the door.
b) I ( wer) trainers.
c) I (chew) gum.
d) I (hold) a pencil.
e) we (listen) to music.
f) I (wear) a jumper.
g) Our teacher (write) on the board.
h) We ( work) hard today.

Author Box

Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this lightly template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter

  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment