Friday, August 1, 2014

English for the beginner elementary course (3)

Short forms
A be: positive from: Rewrite these sentences using the shortened form.
a) I am a student. I'm a student.
b) You are married. You're married.
c) He is English.----------.
d) She is french.----------.
e) It is Saturday.----------.
f) We are happy.-----------.
g) They are friends.---------.

B be: negative form: Rewrite these sentences using the shortened form.
a) I am not a teacher.I'm not a teacher.
b) You are not single.-------------.
c) He is not German.
d) She is not Spanish.
e) It is no wednesday.
f) we are not sad.
g) They are not married.

C be: Questions and short answers: Complete the short answers.
Question positive answers Negatives short answers
Am I here? Yes, you--. No, you---.
Are you married Yes, I--. No, I---.
Is he Egypt? Yes, he--. No, he---.
Is she onholaday? Yes, she--. No, she---.
Is it friday? Yes, it---. No,it----.
Are we friends? Yes, we--. No, we--.
Are they in New York? Yes, they---.No, they---.

Articles: `a' or `an' in the folloeing sentences:
1.He's ---musician.
2. my mother's -- doctor.
3.She's -- actress.
4.My friend's ---- actress.
5. My father's --- engineer.
6. My brother's --- accountant.
7.peter's ---footballer.
8. My sister's ---teacher.
9. My uncle's ---electrican.
10. Sarah's ---artist.
11. Her uncle's --- lawer.
12. Are you --- student.
13. Is she ---housewife.
14. Is he ---tennis player.

Author Box

Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this lightly template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter

  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment